Lesser-known British Architects
Thomas Ball Silcock
"The architect Thomas Ball Silcock practised from the Octagon Chambers in Milsom Street, Bath. From 1896 the architect Samuel Sebastian Reay (d.1933) became his partner in the business. Silcock was a prominent public figure within the region: in 1900-1 and 1910-11 he was Mayor of Bath, and from 1906-10 he was a Member of Parliament for Wells. During the 1890s he was also a member of the Bath School Board and Vice Chairman of the Bath Technical Education Committee. Examples of his work include Old County Hall, Station Road, Truro, Cornwall (1890, Grade II), and the Congregational Church on Sandford Street, Swindon (1894, demolished c1970). Together with Reay he designed the Technical Institute on Junction Road in Bradford on Avon (1897), Claverton Down Gospel Hall (1898, Grade II), Newtown Junior School in Trowbridge (1900), and St Peter’s and St Mary’s Junior School, London Road, Marlborough (1904, Grade II)." - quoted from http://list.english-heritage.org.uk/resultsingle.aspx?uid=1418756.
Micklem, Nathaniel. Thomas Ball Silcock of Bath : a memoir. London : Allen & Unwin, 1924
Sanford Road Congregational Church